La Nieve Backcountry Ski | Out On A Whim
A backcountry-specific ski that gets you up the hill as quickly as you can get down it
All sizes shipping now!
There’s nothing worse than having your skis ghost on you like a bad Tinder date while dropping into a holy grail line after a slog uphill. With our La Nieve backcountry ski, you’ll never have to sacrifice commitment for a lightweight ride. Our backcountry skis won’t feel like a ball-and-chain and they’ll have your back from the summit to the tailgate. Swipe right for more smiles and high fives.
- ABS sidewalls and sandwich construction provide torsional stiffness that gives the skis more pop and a solid, stable edge grip
- Sidecut is ideal for medium length turns and shines in when skiing in trees and variable terrain on the mountain
- Early-rise tip profile is a directional shape that pairs off-piste stability and soft snow performance with control
- Rocker in the tips handles crud and bumps for downhill performance and provides maximum float in soft snow; slightly eased tails add control and stay out of the way in a kick turn
- Wide waist blasts through waist-deep powder with composure
- Lightweight touring ski lets you enjoy the skin track and the descent
- Constructed with FSC certified birch and poplar
Rocker - Tip and tail rocker provides optimal float in untracked powdery bliss - Tip Rocker – 480 mm |
Camber – +2 mm | Tail Rocker – 400 mm
Sidecut - 18m sidecut radius is suited for medium-length turns and tight trees
Core - Hybrid wood core of FSC certified birch and poplar gives damp stability at speed at at a very low weight
Construction - Sandwich construction and sintered base ensures reliable durability and fiberglass laminate offers alpine ski-esque stiffness and minimal weight
Sidewall - ABS Sidewalls
Laminates - Triaxial Fiberglass
Bases - IS 7500 Sintered
Edges - 1.7mm HRC 42
Graphics by Coalition Snow Creative Director Lauren Bello Okerman
Want to compare our skis and find the best ski for you? Click here.