Rafiki Powder Ski | Cat's Meow
A playful and friendly powder ski that floats through powder and crushes the corduroy
Rafiki means “friend” in Swahili and pays tribute to the trees that we plant in Kenya for every ski and snowboard we make. Indeed, this surfy pow slayer will be your best buddy when the snow flies.
But don't let the powder skis title fool you. This pivoty and nimble ski will float you through Hokkaido deep drifts, twist through tight trees and bumps, and still carve a groomer with ease. An ample tip and waist provide skiers with a floaty ride. The pared-down tail makes for quick release and instant control, while camber underfoot is all business on the groomer.
With fun skiing at any speed and in all terrain, the Rafiki is your deep snow day (and every day) besty.
- Ample tips and waists provide a floaty ride, while pared-down tails make for quick release and instant control
- Medium turn radius ensures easy turn initiation in many conditions, without comprising stability and control, especially at speed
- Early-rise tip profile is a directional shape that pairs off-piste stability and soft snow performance with control
- Rocker in the tips handles crud and bumps upfront and provides maximum float in the soft snow; slightly eased tails enhance control
- Camber underfoot allows you to have full control on groomers
- Sandwich construction with a full-width triaxial fiberglass layup
- Blended wood core is composed of FSC certified poplar and birch that improves stability in firm and variable conditions
- Graphics by Coalition Snow Creative Director Lauren Bello Okerman
Rocker - Tip Rocker – 420 mm | Camber – +2 mm | Tail Rocker – 330 mm
Sidecut - The 18-21m sidecut on the Rafiki has a longer, medium turn radius. This sweet spot ensures easy turn initiation in many conditions, without comprising stability and control, especially at speed.
Core - FSC Certified Poplar and Birch
Laminates - Triaxial Fiberglass Laminate
Sidewalls - ABS Sidewalls
Base - IS 7500 Sintered
Edges - 2mm full wrapped steel edges
Want to see how the Rafiki stacks up to our other skis? Compare our skis, designed for a wide range of skiers, here.