Jen Gurecki is a serial outdoor entrepreneur who isn’t afraid to go against the norm when it comes to the businesses she’s started in the industry. With over 20 years of experience, Jen’s the CEO of Coalition Snow, editor-in-chief at Sisu Magazine, and founder of Zawadisha. She even used to co-own a river rafting company.
From the outside, each company is quite different – hardwood skis and snowboards vs. editorial print vs. a micro lending venture, but each contains a common thread: Jen’s unwavering devotion to putting women in front.
Hosted by Gale Straub
Music is by Lee Rosevere, Josh Woodward, and Kai Engel using CC by A license.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How Jen’s restlessness translates to adventure and business
- Jen’s start in the outdoor industry
- The experiences Jen had in her 20’s that shaped the companies she started in her 30’s
- Why Jen wants to ‘shred the patriarchy’
- What she learned working in outdoor ed at Adventure Risk Challenge
- About Zawadisha
- What Jen was up against in founding Coalition Snow
- Why Jen extended her vision to a print magazine: Sisu
- Issue Three of Sisu, coming out in June
- Why Jen knows that “strong women have feelings too” and how she deals with the ups and downs of entrepreneurship
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Jen Gurecki: Instagram
- Sisu Magazine: Website & Instagram
- Coalition Snow: Website & Instagram
- Zawadisha: Website
- Jenny Bruso: Website
- Gravel Try Hard: Instagram
- She Explores Podcast Facebook Group
Sponsor Websites & Promotions