Get pumped for winter with a gear swap, waxing station, film screening of the No Man's Land Film Festival, + more, all benefiting Skiing is Believing.
Winter is almost here and we're celebrating with Slope & Stoke, an evening event bringing together snow and outdoor lovers, all benefitting Skiing is Believing, a local organization committed to getting more kids and families outside.
When: Wednesday, November 15th from 5 pm to 9 pm
Where: At our shop Far Out inside Reno Public Market
We've got so much good stuff in store for you at this free community event!
All night long:
- Shop the Gear Swap throughout the event featuring our friends at Gear Hut.
- Bring in your skis or snowboard and get them ready for the season at our complimentary waxing station.
- Connect with local organizations and groups that are getting more humans outside like the Reno Chapter of Radical Adventure Riders. Make new friends!
- Grab a drink and dinner at one of the local food vendors at Reno Public Market.
- Stop into our shop Far Out and get ready to be transported to someplace very special. Enjoy 20% off one item as a little way of us thanking thank you for supporting us and this event.
6:30 - 8 pm:
- Watch a screening of the No Man's Land Film Festival.
- Win rad raffle prizes, including a pair of skis or a snowboard from Coalition Snow.
Whether you're just getting into snowsports, are a seasoned skier or rider or just love the outdoors, this event is for you! Meet new friends, get pumped for winter, and support this incredible organization.
Registration is not required but encouraged. Anyone who registers in advance will receive one free raffle ticket. You can register here.
Gear Swap Details:
To sell: Bring your clean and functional outdoor items (clothing, camping gear, winter gear, etc.) to Far Out anytime between October 25th and November 14th (we are open every day from 11 - 7, except Sundays from 11 - 5). You set the sale price and if your item sells, you receive 50% and the other 50% will benefit Skiing is Believing.
Our team will handle everything from the inventory to the sale of the goods at the event so that you can enjoy the festivities. After the event, you will be contacted and funds will be distributed or the goods will be available for pick-up (or you can donate them). PLUS we'll throw in a $10 gift card to shop at Far Out, regardless of whether your item sells or not.
To buy: You will find Gear Swap items in the hallway outside of our shop Far Out. Items will have a set sale price determined by the seller; there is no negotiating and all sales are final. You can pay cash or card, and our team at Far Out or Gear Hut will ring you up.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.