Retail & Experience Associates
Coalition Snow is looking to hire one curious, adventurous, and friendly human to support Far Out, our shop in Reno.
The Retail and Experience Associate will be an integral part of the company and will be the public face of Coalition. As a small company, all team members embrace having a broad skillset and contributing to the company in multiple areas. In this position you can expect to be a retail associate, a customer support rep, and a salesperson, among other things. All are encouraged to apply even if you don’t think you meet all of the qualifications. Seriously.
Our goal is to hire one person for this part-time position. The ideal human is highly organized and has excellent communication skills. Prior experience guiding trips, working in retail, and/or working in the customer service realm, is preferred but not required.
- Operate the concept store year round. Responsible for keeping store merchandised, clean, organized, and fresh.
- Provide exceptional customer support through various channels such as emails, live chats, and the occasional phone call.
- Support coordination of the Coalition Snow van rentals/returns.
- Support all ski/snowboard demos during the winter months.
- Meet minimum sales goals in the concept store each month.
- Have a deep knowledge of all products being sold, particularly our skis and snowboards.
- Shred the Patriarchy everyday.
- You must be physically located in the Reno/Sparks/Tahoe area.
- Excellent communication in English (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Excel/Google Sheets.
- Ability to work independently on varying tasks, follow direction, and be a self-starter.
- Experience with platforms such as Asana, Slack, Groove (or other related Customer Support desk platforms) and Shopify.
- Highly organized and deadline oriented.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Adaptable to shifting priorities.
- Approaches work with curiosity, is eager to learn, understands how to prioritize tasks, and works diligently with a sense of urgency.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a retail setting.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Experience as a guide in the outdoor industry.
- Advanced in MS/Google Office Suite.
- Experience in the outdoor industry.
- Must be able to lift at least 40 lbs. unassisted, climb ladders, bend, grasp, sit, pull, and push.
- Must be available weekends.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
- Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest.
- Start Date: ~April 1, 2023
- 10-20 hours/week
- Employee discount
- Powder day policy
- Pro Deal eligibility
ABOUT COALITION SNOW
Located in Reno, Nevada, Coalition Snow started with a mission to build women’s skis and snowboards that didn’t suck. We were tired of watered-down pinked-up men’s equipment. We knew we deserved better equipment and community that saw us, heard us, valued us, and put us front and center. So we said goodbye to the toxic bro culture and said hello to something more: a community that values camaraderie over competition, solidarity over sending, and compassion over cuntery. With the addition of our concept store and the launching of international guided adventures, we are expanding on our community mission and inviting all to come get Far Out with us.
Interested humans, please apply here or in the form below.