If you've been looking for an evening of inspiration, community, and adventure, look no further!
She Ventures returns after a successful inaugural year to celebrate and ignite adventure as a way of life and spark a movement. The national TED-style event series gathers rising female founders, leaders, athletes, change-makers, artists, and activists in the outdoor, adventure, travel, and wellness space. The goal is to join local communities for inspirational events and celebrate and inspire adventuring as a way of life.
In 2016, Georgina Miranda, founder of Altitude Seven, created She Ventures. Miranda saw a void in the visibility of women leaders across the outdoor, adventure, travel, and wellness industries. “The idea of an ‘adventurer’ is still largely associated with men…we are changing the face of adventure, one city at a time, simply by coming together." She kicked things off with a sold out event in San Francisco. She then teamed up with Jen Gurecki of Coalition Snow, and the event series expanded across North America last year, reaching over 1,000 women across San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Boulder, and the City of New York.
She Ventures San Francisco 2016
“She Ventures is more than an event series, it's a movement changing the narrative of what it means to be an adventurer, a woman, a leader, and a change maker. We are a testimony that women can be anything we want to be and that our voice matters and inspires others,” says Georgina.
This year’s first sold out event in San Francisco, presented in partnership with Camber Outdoors and hosted by Timbuk2, was a huge success, and it included speakers like Deanne Buck and Patti Cazatto. The good news is that there are more events coming this month, and you can still join! Los Angeles, Portland and Seattle are next on the list. Check out the full event schedule at www.sheventures.co to see how to get a hold of some tickets before they're gone!
Speakers we can’t wait to hear from:
1. Karla Amador, founder of 52 Hike Challenge
2. Jenny Bruso, founder of Unlikely Hikers
3. Erika Canfield, Head of Marketing @ Outdoor Research
4. Mary Cecchini, founder of Living Big
5. Jen Gurecki, founder of Coalition Snow
6. Gloria Hwang, founder of Thousand
7. Georgina Miranda, founder of Altitude Seven
8. Tianna Oliver, founder of Card Yoga
9. Laura Swapp, Director of Next Gen Marketing @ REI
10. Daina Trout, founder of Health-Ade Kombucha
What to Expect
- A wonderful opportunity to meet other talented, adventurous, like-minded people, all while learning and getting inspired by some amazing women blazing trails in business, life, and beyond.
- TED-style talks from each of the speakers to get your outdoor, adventure, travel, creative, and entrepreneurship stoke going.
- A chance to win some awesome prizes for your next adventure and give back to our non-profit partners
- Taking part in changing the face of adventure and elevating the presence of women who lead
- Music, drinks, snacks + FUN!
Who Should Join
- ANYONE (we mean ANYONE) that values, loves, or has a curiosity about adventurous living
- Adventure, outdoor, active, and travel enthusiasts
- Female founders and leaders
- Aspiring entrepreneurs, athletes, artists, activists, creatives
- Guides, brands, and organizations who are excited about connecting and learning from women that have a passion for the outdoors and adventure
- ANYONE that believes in getting to 50/50 and working toward equality
More speakers and cities to be announced in the coming weeks! Stay tuned for the latest announcements at www.SheVentures.co, and we hope to see you there!
Plus, check out our current contest on Instagram for your chance to win a free pair of tickets!
She Ventures San Francisco 2016